Chopped Junior Champion Chef Lauryn Mitchell and Master Chef Junior Kayla Mitchell: sisters, chefs, and occasional rivals. Their competitive streak extends beyond the kitchen and onto the lacrosse field, but today we’re interested in what they’ve got cooking.
These secret-no-longer recipes for guacamole and salsa will make you want to eat the whole bowl, and the dynamic duo is ready to share their knowledge with you!
To whip up some of the Mitchell Sisters’ delicious Pineapple Tomato Salsa, check out the recipe below:
- 3 cups fresh-cut pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a food processor, blend pineapple on pulse setting until chopped but not pureed.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add tomato, red onion, red or green sweet pepper, green chiles, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, and garlic.
- Stir until mixed. Cover and chill until serving time. Makes 6 servings.
For more Wonderama videos, find us on YouTube!